Sunday 28 April 2013

April's wildflowers


I've been spotting lots of wildflowers recently, growing on roadside verges and pavements edges. We live in a small rural town, so the countryside never feels far away. Even in 'town' there is plenty of little wild spaces, which I love walking by on my daily rounds to school and playgroup.

There are:
Primroses : Lesser Celandines : Violets :
Greater Stitchwort : Forget-me-not : Dandelion :
Honesty : Red Deadnettle :

There are carpets of primroses in the churchyards. It seems a particularly good year for primroses. I could even smell them there were so many. Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. Every year I am amazed all over again at the beauty of wildflowers. I have some violas in pots in my greenhouse. Time to get them out into the ground where they belong!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - thank you!