Friday 12 July 2013

Friday's Flower - Knautia


Knautia macedonica, which I proudly grew from seed a few years ago. In fact this was the only surviving plant that I managed to grow from that batch. It's now really well established and looks wonderful growing amongst the tall grasses. I've managed to grow four seedlings this year, to plant in other areas of the garden, as I love it. Knautia reminds me of devils-bit scabious, which I also love and had tried to grow from seed this year, but they didn't germinate. I'll be trying again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous. Think I need to try that one as well, love the deep rich flower colours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bees and bugs all seem to love it too as I've noticed there's always something crawling about on them.

      Delete

Comments are welcomed - thank you!