Saturday 17 August 2013

Friday's Flowers... I must change this title!

 The colour of the garden has moved to a more vibrant pallette with the Helianthus (a perennial sunflower) coming into flower. The plants grow steadily from ground level in the spring, to at least 1.5 meters high now. They do rather shade out their neighbours at the moment, but they do shout out 'summer'... and the bees love them too.


The oregano is also in full flower and when I walk into the garden a cloud of butterflies (mainly Gatekeepers and Meadow Browns) rise up from it. I love the red stems too.
Both of these plants were given to me, so I don't know the exact varieties. They do give the garden a new lease of life, when a lot of plants have done their thing by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - thank you!