Wednesday 18 February 2015

vintage wedding photograph

 

At a local auction yesterday was an old wedding photograph, possibly taken around 100 years ago. As I wandered around looking at all the lots this is the one that made me stop and pause. The bride really stood out, the light falling on her dress, the flowers in her hair, the calm expression on her face, her beautiful simple bouquet.
I wonder what their story was, how their photograph came to be on a trestle table in the town hall, and who bought it...


1 comment:

  1. It's a very beautiful photograph, and the bride looks happy, serene. I would have wanted to buy it myself, though i don't know the woman in the picture. I notice things like this when my husband and i go to auctions. And i always wonder about the lives these couple had with each other...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - thank you!